What we offer
Airbond’s technical team are true experts in the science of splicing. The company is committed to innovation, and its products are remarkably simple, reliable and effective. They have unique form and function, especially developed for use in the manufacture of all traditional and modern textiles.
Airbond provides solutions for all yarn splicing needs, especially new composite applications. And we are committed to creating new and better forms of pneumatic yarn splicer for the future.
Why use Airbond?
- Our performance all rests on research;
- We don’t seek trial and error solutions – we understand the true principles of splicing.
- We know how to handle yarns from the finest to the largest, from tender to tough.
- Airbond makes simple splicers that are difficult to damage, but easy to maintain.
- Why use a complex product, when you can achieve performance and simplicity at a moderate cost?
- We have a philosophy of commitment to customer support, through good customer relations, founded on quality, communication, honesty and openness.
Some notes about composites
Composite materials represent an important new market, distinct from traditional textiles. The supply-chain involves the creation of high-performance structures from fibres like carbon and glass, strong in tension, carbon and glass are brittle, causing most splicers to fail.
However, Airbond’s research keeps providing solutions for the problems posed by modern composites. We splice difficult fibres like carbon, aramid, and glass in all counts up to the largest, around 16000 Tex, meaning Airbond offers the composites supply chain significant cost savings. We are now building on our first wave of development – with even more effiicient products on the horizon. No other company can match our ground-breaking products.
How does splicing work?
Long established in the textile industry, pneumatic yarn splicing is a clever process for joining yarns, which works by intermingling individual filaments closely together, to make a joint which is stronger and flatter than a knot.
The process is complicated – we must get air moving at Concorde-speed to tangle fibres without breaking them. One of the secrets here lies in the design of a little component which we call the splicing chamber. Another lies in the control of the compressed air as it approaches and passes through this chamber. The airflow behaviour is extremely complex, but thanks to our research, Airbond understands the flow. Our know-how allows us to operate our chambers at lower pressure than other manufacturers. Knowing the Physics behind splicing allows us to change the characteristics of the air, splicing fragile or ultra-large yarns. With the airflow science understood, we can concentrate on making our splicers simple, but strong.
What we make:
- Splicers for simple continuous filament synthetics like nylon and polyester
- Splicers for high-twist complex constructions like those used for carpets
- Splicers for ultra-fine yarns.
- Splicers for fragile yarns,
- Splicers for large yarns – many times heavier than any other manufacturer
- Splicers for complete tyre cords.
AND, if you have a particular problem, we’ll probably be able to find a solution – just for you.
Airbond has a well-deserved reputation and holds the UK’s coveted Queen’s Award for Industry – for Innovation.
Unlike many other companies, we continue to develop new, cutting-edge designs for splicers – innovation being an integral part of our company culture. New Airbond products will keep coming, promising to be effective, simple, and strong. Airbond will be your go-to company for splicing, offering performance, quality, and customer service.